There are tons of things to do in North Vancouver all year round that sometimes we forget we have the time to do all of these fun things even after work hours! Uncovering BC’s contributor, Lynsey Christianson shows us that the day does not end when you punch out of work. Whether you are looking for adventures, good eats, relaxation and anything in-between North Vancouver has you covered.
Things to do in North Vancouver after work
1. Walk/Run/Bike Spirit trail
This relatively flat trail leads to many areas like the Lonsdale Quay/Shipyards, Mosquito Creek float homes, Waterfront Park, SeaBus, and much more along the way. This trail is considered to be an easy route and averages 6.9 miles. You can stroll around this waterfront trail for as little or as long as you want. The Spirit trail section via Mosquito Creek Marina gates are open daily from 6am-11pm so be sure to pass through that area between those hours.
The walls of spirit trail at the Mosquito Creek Marina are currently being painted by artists involved in the Vancouver Mural Festival. Be sure to check it out and support local artists!
2. Visit Lonsdale Quay/Shipyards
Walk the pier, grab some dinner, or simply take in the views around one of my favourite places to go in North Vancouver. This location has endless activities year round. The shipyards area is well known for its Friday evening shipyards market that runs from May to September as well as their Skating Plaza they host in the winter months. It is also one of the great places in North Vancouver to grab a coffee!
LOCATION: 125 Victory Ship Way, North Vancouver, BC. V7L 0B3.
3. Explore Deep Cove
If you are looking for places to visit in North Vancouver and not sure where to start Deep Cove is the perfect place. This area is filled with hiking trails, waterfront views, good eats and the friendliest people! My favourite thing to do in Deep Cove is kayak – this area has the best mountain views which you can follow up with a walk around the village.
Interested in kayaking or stand up paddle-board lessons, guided tours, or rentals? Deep Cove Kayak is open daily until 9pm. They supply you with everything you need to have a safe trip, but be sure to book in advance as this adventurous hotspot books up quick!
4. Cleveland Dam and Capilano Lake Lookout
This stunning location is considered to be open 24 hours (would recommend going in daylight) and is worth checking out! The Cleveland Dam is a 91-metre high concrete dam that holds back Capilano Lake. This easy trail is 3.2 km and takes an average of 53 minutes to complete. Fun fact: It stores a portion of the Lower Mainland’s drinking water!
5. Rent an E-bike
North Vancouver is the hub for E-bike rentals. Exploring this city in one of these will make you go from renting to purchasing in a heart beat. Looking to go green? Lime bikes are commonly found all over the city and is the largest shared electric vehicle company in the world. You can easily rent these by downloading the Lime or Uber App!
6. Visit a Brewery (or several)
Any city that I visit I try to make an appearance at at-least one brewery. After many taste tests I can confirm that North Vancouver’s craft beer scene is indeed booming! Check out the Brewery District (along Esplanade E) as this neighbourhood has multiple breweries all within walking distance of each other. Lots of these local breweries are even pet friendly!
7. Capilano Suspension Bridge
This well known attraction is one of the top things to do in Vancouver. It is much more than just a suspension bridge. After you’ve completed the course there are gift shops, restaurants and even a coffee shop. This picturesque location is fun for all ages. The suspension bridge also hosts it’s famous Canyon Lights every December. They even offer a free shuttle service. Make sure you book ahead to checkout this local gem!
Open 7 days a week from 9am-6pm.
LOCATION: 3735 Capilano Rd, North Vancouver, BC. V7R 4J1.
8. Try a fitness class
Being in North Vancouver there is an abundance of hiking trails but we all know once that rain hits we tend to hibernate inside. During those colder months why not try a fitness class! There is a wide range of options and varying intensities to suit your needs. Support local businesses and stay active – it’s a win win!
9. Explore Lynn Headwaters Regional Park
This diverse area has numerous hiking trails varying in all difficulties which makes this a perfect spot for all ages and fitness levels. My favourites in this park include Norvan Falls, Lower Lynn Loop Trail 1, and Goat Mountain Trail. This park has so much nature to explore! Be sure to checkout the AllTrails app prior to your hiking adventures so you know the difficulty level and how long it will take you. Always hike with proper gear and let someone know when you plan to return.
Park hours are from 7am-8pm.
LOCATION: 4900 Lynn Valley Rd, North Vancouver BC. V7K 3B2.
MORE INFO: Easy hikes in Metro Vancouver
10. Take the SeaBus
Located in the heart of the Quay, the SeaBus is a popular mode of transportation for the North Vancouver crowds. With heavy traffic volumes to get into downtown why sit in traffic for hours when the crossing time from the Lonsdale Terminal to Vancouver’s Waterfront is less than 15 minutes! The SeaBus operates 7 days a week. Be sure to check their website for schedules and trip planning assistance.
*No compass card necessary – there are multiple kiosks available to purchase day use tickets*
Lonsdale Quay SeaBus Terminal – North Vancouver, V7M 3K2.
Waterfront Station – Vancouver, V6C 2R6.
There is no shortage of things to do in North Vancouver after work hours regardless of the weather. I personally am trying to expand my foodie side and explore new restaurants and coffee shops. This city is full of adventures and good eats no matter which area you go. Let us know if you have any recommendations or would like to know more about these areas!
More Things to do in North Vancouver
(Visit https://lonsdalequay.ca/events for updated events lists)
- Lonsdale Artisan Farmers Market – Operating from May-October Saturdays from 10am-3pm. 123 Carrie Cates Court, North Vancouver, BC. V7M 3K7.
- Welcome Parlour Ice Cream – 125 Victory Ship Way #126, North Vancouver, BC. V7L 0G5.
- Nook Restaurant – 150 Victory Ship Way #160, North Vancouver, BC. V7L 0B2.
- JOEY Shipyards – 125 Victory Ship Way #110, North Vancouver, BC. V7L 0G5. Highly recommend making a reservation on weekends!
- Tap & Barrel – 8 Lonsdale Ave, North Vancouver, BC. V7L 0B2.
- Anatoli Souvlaki – 5 Lonsdale Ave, North Vancouver, BC. V7M 2E4. Best greek cuisine in the area!
- Burgoo Bistro – 3 Lonsdale Ave, North Vancouver, BC. V7M 2E4.
- Cream Pony – Fresh Donuts & Southern Fried Chicken – Around back at Lolo Lane 111 1st St E, North Vancouver, BC. V7L 2B1. (Note: Closed on Mondays and Tuesdays)
- E-Bike rental company – Reckless Shipyards – 125 Victory Ship Way #150, North Vancouver, BC. V7L 0B2.
Local Breweries in North Vancouver
- Black Kettle Brewing Company – 720 Copping St, North Vancouver, BC. V7M 3N2.
- House of Funk Brewing – 350 Esplanade E #101, North Vancouver, BC. V7L 1A4.
- Deep Cove Brewers and Distillers – 2270 Dollarton Hwy #170, North Vancouver, BC. V7H 1A8.
- Wildeye Brewing – 1385 Main St, North Vancouver, BC. V7J 1C4.
- Beere Brewing – 312 Esplanade E, North Vancouver, BC. V7L 1A4.
More Things to do in Deep Cove
- Osaka Sushi – 4355 Gallant Ave, North Vancouver, BC. V7G 2C1.
- Deep Cove Kayak – 2156 Banbury Rd, North Vancouver, BC. V7G 2T1.
- Scratch Kitchen – Open 7 days a week from 4pm – 9pm. 437 Dollarton Hwy N, North Vancouver, BC. V7G 1M9.
- Honey’s Donuts & Goodies – Open daily until 5pm. 4373 Gallant Ave, North Vancouver, BC. V7G 1L1.
- Hike Quarry Rock – This hike consists of panoramic water views, what more could you ask for? – Baden Powell Trail, North Vancouver, BC. V7G 1V6. Note: Trail is temporarily closed, be sure to checkout their website to watch for a reopening date!
Local Fitness Classes in North Vancouver
- KB-ONE Martial Arts Academy – 194 Pemberton Ave, North Vancouver, BC. V7P 2R5. https://www.kb-one.com/
- Spin Society Cycling Studio – 924 16th St W, North Vancouver, BC. V7P 1R3. https://spinsociety.ca/
- Oxygen Yoga & Fitness – 1524 Lonsdale Ave, North Vancouver, BC. V7M 2J3. https://oxygenyogaandfitness.com/
- F45 Training – Open 7 days a week from 6am – 6pm. 725 Marine Dr, North Vancouver, BC. V7M 0C7. https://f45training.ca/northvancouver/home?lang=en-ca
- Crossfit Lions West – 1212 Welch St, North Vancouver, BC. V7P 2R4. https://crossfitlions.com/
- Level 10 Fitness & Health – 890 Harbourside Dr #140, North Vancouver, BC. V7P 3T7. https://www.level10fitness.com/
About the Author:
Lynsey grew up in BC and travelled a lot through sports. She seeks to find new adventures and has found herself settling in North Vancouver with her partner. Lynsey’s goal is to share adventures of a lifetime without others needing to spend a lifetime on planning.